At Forefront Consulting we’re shaping how small businesses can increase their bookkeeping efficiency.
We are a 100% cloud-based, bookkeeping firm that utilizes QuickBooks Online (QBO) accounting software combined with Receipt Bank / Dext (an invoice/receipt/bill auto entry and fetching app) and other apps as required. These programs digitize your accounting system, reduce paper, eliminate receipts, reduce redundant tasks and ultimately increase efficiency.
1. Client Onboarding and QBO Set Up (one-time hourly-based fee)
- Review of your current bookkeeping system with you to clearly understand your business and reporting needs
- Outline a plan for implementing cloud-based accounting tools to tackle your specific pain points and improve efficiency
- Clean up and, if necessary, correct your accounting records. We will reconcile and adjust your accounts and subledgers to agree to previous year end statements.
- Connect QBO to your bank accounts and credit cards to make reconciliations a snap
- We train you and your staff to use the Receipt Bank / Dext app (receipt/invoice entry and fetching app) to allow your business to retrieve information automatically (for supplier invoices, cash expenses etc.). This means very little data entry going forward!
2. Monthly Bookkeeping Services (ongoing fee of $400 – $1,500 per month)
- Automation of all accounting functions using QuickBooks Online (QBO) and Receipt Bank / Dext
- Input and reconciliation of all banking and credit card transactions
- Preparation and recording of all necessary journal entries to reflect correct accounting records including review, analysis and reconciliation of general ledger accounts for accuracy
- Preparation and filing of GST Tax Returns
- Preparation of Provincial Sales Tax Returns (if applicable)
- Run payroll for employees and facilitate direct payment
- Preparation of monthly financial reports to include: Profit & Loss, YTD Profit & Loss, Balance Sheet, Comparison to Budget and other management or Board reports as needed
- Preparation of clean and complete files for your year end accountant to potentially reduce your year end fees
The benefit of cloud-based accounting is that the information is accessible at anytime, from anywhere by you and us.